Not the best photo, but the last day of January approaches the last day the lights will be on.
I will indeed miss marking 5:00 p.m. every day, even as the days grow longer, to see from the corner of my eye that the colored lights are “on”. I have a grapevine garland I made swagged around the outside of my porch roof right under the gutter, and the lights are draped on that garland. I used to be a white-light-only person, but one year I wanted the warmth of those little multi-colored lights and I’ve been hooked ever since.
I purchased a few strands of the new LED lights this year, and I just don’t like them, the colors aren’t right.
I’ll string other lights around the door, maybe even the pink flamingoes already, or just the string of white lights with red hearts for Valentine’s day, then I can change to green shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day.
I think I’ll string the lights around the underside of the roof so they glow and I can see them inside.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)